WORLD HEALTH DAY
World Health Day is a day to mark the global health awareness; initiated by the World Health Organization (WHO). It is celebrated on April 7th every year and marks the anniversary of this important organization’s first assembly.
World Health Day isn’t all about hand-washing and healthy eating. It is a day organised for promoting healthier living habits that increase the life expectancy of people around the world.
The key aim is to ensure that everyone can obtain the care they need and when they need it. This day makes us remind our prime responsibility towards our health. We need to protect ourselves from various health problems and diseases. For this we need to follow some small and easy steps which could actually prevent us from some bigger health issues like cancer etc.
1. Get your regular full body health check-ups at least once in a year which will help you in early diagnosis of any unwanted heath disease; which can be cured quickly and without making any further complications.
2. Do not ignore what your body says through the various symptoms like headache, palpitations, acne, back pain. Please visit your nearer doctors or physicians and do not take any medication without prescription.
3. Eating healthy does not mean starving yourself which can lead to various nutritional deficiencies. It is recommend not to simply search the internet for better eating, but get a customized diet plans from a qualified Dietician/ Nutritionist according to your body type.
4. Make exercising a habit & Not a boring duty. In order to live a healthy life incorporate 150 minutes of exercise in a week. You can include a stress free brisk walk, yoga, cycling etc.
5.Get up and move, if you have a sitting job, do stand up for 5 minutes after every 30 minutes of sitting . This will help in boosting your metabolism, increase the blood flow.
6.Take at least 8 hours sleep. Sleep deprivation leads to craving for high calorie food which leads to weight gain. Adequate sleep is essential for healthy life.
7. Be hydrated and drink at least 8-10 glass of water daily .
“Being Healthy is not a duty it a habit. Include the following lifestyle changes in your routine to live a healthy stress free life.”